Sep 15, 2011

Food Cravings


I was reading a post earlier by This fabulous lady, who I find awesome and hilarious, and now all I want is vodka sauce. It's overpowering. Must. Have.Vodka.Sauce. On noodles with meatballs. Just the word vodka makes me think of delicious tangy, creamy vodka sauce. I could cry.
For me to have this deliciousness, this culinary delight, this tastebud tantalizer, I would have to make the sauce, and meatballs from scratch in order to make sure there are no traces of gluten, wheat, flour, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. And would have to use gluten free pasta. Not the same. Not at all. yes, it's close, but not the same at all.
 My kids, mean little buggers, refuse to eat it.
The cravings are what get to me, I barely eat anyway, so going without and monitoring my food intake is nothing new to me. I was anorexic for most of my life, so not eating cupcakes? Piece of cake, pun intended.
But when I want something, and it's always something that would be a pain in the ass to make, I want it now!And I will obsess over it. A LOT. I don't even like vodka. But, I LOVE vodka sauce. I could eat it on cereal. If I could eat cereal, which I can't. Well, I guess I could, but Rice Krispies in soy milk? Pukearino.
No One wants to eat that. If they say that they do they must be repressed and hiding maniacal urges like a crackhead hides their rock. Which, I assume is up their butt, right? Maybe that's why repressed people always look like they have a lead pipe up there.
Food for thought.
*Update* I now have a new love for vodka, evidently I DO love vodka, I was just drinking the wrong kind before, it's grey goose or nothing. Chilled, with a lemon wedge, OH God's Green Underpants! its Glorious.

5 comments:

  1. First of all - Vodka sauce.... yumba. And secondly, I found what I think is the yummiest gf cereal evah! Nature's Path Organic Crunchy Maple Sunrise. So good with soy milk and berries. You can thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my crack pipe is up my butt, you get me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture up there? The bain of my existence. Love me some pasta! I am not allergic to it, but kinda wish I was (kidding). I'm just fat. And carbs are not my huge ass's friend. Man do I love me some pasketti though. Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, I know. I miss it sooo much. Stupid pasta with it's delicious enticingness!

    ReplyDelete